Graphic / Web Designer
Posted on 4/20/2017
ELEMENTS® is actively seeking another smart, professional, creative and talented designer to join our growing team. This is a full-time salaried position including some benefits. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in a design firm or in-house design position.
This is a great opportunity to collaborate with an award-winning design team and to work on a wide variety of highly creative projects – therefore, the right candidate will be comfortable working in varied industries and mediums. On a given day, the graphic / web designer will handle projects ranging from print and marketing collateral and packaging to large-scale branding initiatives, websites and more.
NOTE: This position in on-site, based in Branford, CT. Preference will be given to local candidates (Connecticut area). No calls, please.
- Prior design firm or in-house department experience (1-2 years minimum)
- Demonstrate an excellent eye for color, composition, type and detail
- A portfolio demonstrating a high level of creative ability with a diversity of style appropriate to a mix of projects, including both print and web
- Proficiency in all Adobe design software required
- Experience in creating sitemaps / wireframes / architecture
- Enthusiasm for web design and user experience
- Strong web design / production skills
- Familiarity with best practices for WordPress, HTML and CSS
- Knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver and capable of basic coding for website updates, online advertising and email marketing as well as designing for others to code
- Skillfully manage vendors, including but not limited to, printers, illustrators, web developers and photographers and solid knowledge of pre-press processes
- Strong understanding of production for print, packaging, web, design and branding
Organizational & Work Skills
- Bring fresh ideas, a new perspective and a sense of humor
- Unique solutions and flawless execution
- A demonstrated ability to understand clients’ business strategies and challenges and be able to translate those needs into compelling visual and communications solutions
- Work efficiently within a busy environment, meet deadlines and self-manage when necessary
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal skills a must
- Be able to present personal work and the work of others in a well-articulated, professional manner
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a group
To apply, please provide your resume, online portfolio and a cover note including salary requirements describing why you are perfect for the position. Candidates who do not adhere to these submission requirements will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!